Thursday, September 2, 2010

Lady in Red (Girl's Talk #1 for September)

This month's meme is fun! Indeed it'll be a colorful month. RED is this week's theme color

The lady in red isn't really who I am, for one reason RED isn't my favorite color. But I can be confident in saying that the color looks fine on me because of my slightly fair-light complexion.

Funny to realize that despite it not being a fave color, I still own some pieces that are really RED and here they are:

Clothes - clockwise from top: Gap spandex tee, Bohemian/peasant blouse, turtle neck top, University of Potsdam tee - a gift from my German friend and a polo shirt. And by the w
ay, I must admit, I own a RED underwear!

Shoes, a bag and accessories - my ever favorite footwear Converse Chuck Taylor sneakers (my son Leon's pair also is in red), a bag from Vietnam (featured in one of my GT blog), a kikay kit which I use as my alternate gadget case (also a Christmas gift from an officemate friend), a Hello Kitty coin purse (from a friend as pasalubong who visited Japan), a fancy ring and my ever dependable pair of eyeglasses which has been with me for more than two years now.and here I am wearing the Bohemian red blouse which I got from a garage sale, together with my husband and son for our 2008 Christmas color motif: Red to give honor to our father who passed away on that year, it's his favorite color, just to make us feel his presence on our first Christmas without him.

more of Girl's Talk here...click on the badge


10 comments:

  1. Hi nice red stuff... we have almost same red shoes... converse pero ung sa akin parang stilletto shoes ung style...bigay sa akin ng frend ko... hehehhe

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Gilay for the visit and the comment.

    not really a fun of the color and was a bit surprised to see that I have quite a number of reds in my stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. daming red ah, namula ang entry, hahaha! i wish I can own red things, kaso di ba kanya kanyang preference kasi yan eh. Most of my stuff are black, dun lang ako comfortable na kulay, kasi nga gawa ng aking complexion. Nag re red din ako kapag pasko, di ba para nakauso sa holiday spirit.

    http://wrozlie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mommy Liz, nagulat din ako na madami dami din palang red sa gamit ko... not a fan though.

    Korek, pag pasko and birthday lang nka red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmmmmmmm... kahit di pasko.. red parin ako.. hhaha.. love that tote...

    GT at Woman’s elan vital

    ReplyDelete
  6. for someone who's favorite color is not red, you sure have a lot of red stuff. hee hee. lurve the chucks, especially! i'm a chucks girl all the way :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @K...yes, not a red person here :) chucks is my daily footwear, since we don't wear uniform at work, not really strict with dress code, very casual and comfy...we all have a pair except for Maia who's still a baby...my husband's pair is overused as well, time to get him another one, while Leon's a little sikip na for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sure looks like you love RED :)
    Red = Confidence

    Here's mine: http://peach36o.blogspot.com/2010/09/gt-red-lamp.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Peach, promise, red isn't my fave color...pink is :D

    thanks for the visit

    ReplyDelete
  10. hindi mo fave ang red girl!!! andami mong red ha :) nkkatuwa ka hihihihi


    pero oo halata kong pink gusto mo.. un ang layout color mo dito eh hahahah

    ReplyDelete