Friday, September 17, 2010

Green Minded for Girl's Talk & Go Green Friday

I am green! I love this color. It represents the color of nature - the green fields, trees, leaves, insects, even birds ;). It signify freshness. When I'm in the midst of 'greens' I feel calmed, it is as if you can commune with nature, with God's beautiful creations. It also symbolizes wealth.

Green is what me and my husband have in common. Our love for nature. When we were on the getting-to-know-you stage, and with the nature of our jobs, we were delighted to know that both share the same calmness in the sight of the rice fields during long trips or the blending hues of greens in a forest. And we get emotionally disturb when we see a brown in what is supposed to be a green forested area - this sight makes our job really difficult!

Green also represents health. Another reason why I'm into greens, I love veggies. Not so vegetarian here because I do eat meat but as I mature I come to realize the benefits of eating greens. It really shows in the texture of one's hair, in one's complexion, in one's posture. I particularly am a fan of pinakbet especially when it's cooked by my husband - so authentic Ilocano style. I likewise an fond of fresh salad, at one point before getting pregnant with Maia, it was my daily lunch meal. On this aspect, my husband and I are too proud to say that our son Leon got the tongue for veggies as well. When ask of what veggies he eats, he'll immediately point to his fingers in a manner enumerating his fave 5...sayote, okra, labong, ampalaya and sitaw. Close friends of the family are quite amazed at him for his appetite for food including veggies.

As for my green personal paraphernalia, I've got dresses, tops and bottoms in this color but of different shades. I have a pair of crocs prima in mint green. Accessories and kikay stuff to match the wardrobe are also available in this color. Even some stuff for the household such as food containers, crates, curtains and linens are available, too.

This picture was taken Christmas day of 2009, green being our motif...and this is also a fave dress of mine.
Personality wise --- My advocacy is on the environment. I'm a green person, inside and out...sometimes I get reprimanded by my husband because he can't take the green-me, you know what I mean ;)

That's how green I am...how about you?








5 comments:

  1. I, too, have read that the Girl Talk theme this week is related to the GREEN..hehehe..Glad they featured the Greeeeeeen..lol..:)

    Thanks for the entry..hopefully and soon..our voice of advocacy will grow in promoting mother nature and her preservatioN! :)

    See ya next Week Hai! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish there are more people like you who have appreciation to the environment and what it has to offer. Go green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. green is my fave color. you have a beautiful family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi July, thanks for the visit ;)

    Kim, thanks for the visit. Join us na din in promoting restoration and conservation of the environment. By the way we have a scheduled birdwatching orientation this Sept 25 at the Haribon conference room, if you're free, please come and join us.

    Mom Daughter Style, thanks for the visit, will be visiting your site soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww.. the green motif is too cute! we should definitely have that this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete