Sunday, September 26, 2010

Classy Black (Girl's Talk)

Oh well, I've been so busy with work, that I really have to squeeze in blogging into my very hectic schedule, plus being a mom and wife which is 24/7...

I've mentioned before that I was raised by an overly traditional grandparents, which often had a say on anything and everything while I was growing up. Therefore, I grew up with a notion that the color Black represents formality and is the color in times of bereavement...too old-school isn't it?


During my younger years, I really don't have anything in this shade until I've started working that I started owning items in this color palate. Of course, the usual black pants, skirt, bag,
shoes which I often use for work.

Since then, I've accumulated quite a number of items in this color, here are some:


Personal effects - I have my Girbaud bag, a gift from my brother's first return from his work overseas, been with me for years now yet still looks a bit new. A Hello Kitty bag, also a gift from one of my best friends. My RL black wallet which I featured here on GT. All my formal footwear are in this color.

Clothing - a number of black tees and tops and a few bottoms to match my very colorful collection of clothes ;) But I have this one black classic dress by BCBG which I am very much boastful of, I really feel sexy when wearing it, though I've only wore it once - when I had to fit it lol!. I've read somewhere and sometime ago (while I was still very much a fashionista) to maintain at least one black dress that can be dependable for any occasion.

Gadgets - my new Samsung Corby phone is in black and the sleek personal computer which we bought last Christmas (from our savings last year) is also in black.

my share to Girl"s Talk, more here, just click the badge:



2 comments:

  1. Hi Yas, thanks for joining Nostalgia. I can't view your entry though because of a malware from athome.kimvalee.com.

    Following this blog now, mwah! Join ka ulit this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rose, thanks for informing me about it, I'll try checking on that.

    Thanks for following, too! Having fun with nostalgia, looking for more nostalgic photos and stuff to share ;)

    ReplyDelete