Thursday, July 22, 2010

GT: My Spiritual Being

Its' Thursday once again, Girls Talk day. Today's topic is on one's spirituality.I'm a Roman Catholic by faith while Islam runs through my blood. My maternal grandfather is straight Islam while my maternal grandmother remained a devout Catholic. They may be on different sides when it comes to their faith but they walked on a common ground in terms of their spiritual beliefs.

In spite of differences in our faith, my grandfather insisted on us going to an exclusive Catholic school in high school. Beside the exclusivity of the school, I believed my grandfather wanted us to strengthen our faith while studying there.

I grew up in an environment of mixed faith, aside from the above, we had acquaintances who had spiritual beliefs other than ours. Thus it somehow molded me into what I am now spiritually speaking. I believe in one Supreme Being regardless of how we call Him. I am open to whatever beliefs others may have as long as it does not degrade the belief of others. I do my spiritual obligations, as well as try hard to practice what is being though to me by my faith.
It is my spirituality that dictates my values in life, it is the core of my whole personality. It is through my spiritual being that I commune with my God, enhancement of it is my way of deepening my relationship with my Lord.

I do not engage in heavy discussions with regards to my spiritual beliefs, my stand will always be "I respect your faith, please respect mine". I also believe that there is no need to prove the existence of a Supreme Being, just look around us, there's enough proof.

What about you? Share yourself in terms of your spirituality, click here, too, to get to know more about our girl friends in Girls Talk. Happy sharing :)


3 comments:

  1. i completely agree with you in this: "I also believe that there is no need to prove the existence of a Supreme Being, just look around us, there's enough proof." nature is one of the strongest proof there is :)

    ReplyDelete