Saturday, July 10, 2010

GT: Financially Independent

This week's on Girls Talk is about how we are (as an individual) financially.

I'm proud to believe that I am, financially speaking, an independent woman. From the time I began working, I told myself, I will slowly phased out from depending on my parents for my sustenance, specially those of for my personal use. Not really bragging, but I'm also proud to say that I wisely spend hard earned money. I try very hard to discipline m
yself by maintaining an income and expense log. The income and expense log tells where my money goes even before I receive my monthly salary. After setting aside the budget for utilities, children & household needs, savings and financial obligations, the remaining is the only amount I spend until I receive the next salary. Extra income from my cross-stitches and events organizing goes to our children savings account.

Now that I have a family of my own and a husband who's always on the practical side in terms of spending, I really have to make sure that every centavo counts. That, my husband thinks, is the reason why my siblings are still banking on me for emergency needs.

When I was still single, I give my share in the household expenses. Even up to now, we (me and my husband) give our fair share in the household utilities - we are still living in my mom's house until we finally get our own...thanks mom!

I also give my mom her monthly allowance, not too big though, but I think is enough for her to spend on some of her kikay stuff. I'm also able to give my share in terms of our mother's medical needs (she underwent Thyroidectomy and a follow-up radioactive treatment) which is also quite an amount.

Despite the mentioned, I still give myself some pampering, a regular weekly pedicure, a twice-a-year facial &hair treatment and a date or two with my husband in the spa. All of which again are financially planned.

By the way, I'm with a non-government organization, so the pay isn't that much. Credit is given to discipline, my husband's principle of saving first before spending and my slightly OCD behavior.

So, that's it. I hope this share of Girls Talk is not just getting to know each other through blog but also learning from each others experiences. Check out others Girls Talk of the week by clicking on the badge. You may want to share your I Love Me stuff as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment